Thursday, October 11, 2007

#7 Technology Diatribe

Mac or PC – The Fundamental Question
For almost as long as there have been personal computers there has been debate about which brand is better - Apple Mac or the generic "PC" - the answer is that it depends.

The right computer for you depends on which operating system (Windows, Unix, DOS) you want to use, which programs you will be running and what you will be using the computer for. For word processing both are equal, for graphical design including desktop publishing and image manipulation Mac seems to have the “better” programs that are easy to use and easy on the eye but not on the pocket but that can be said for PC as well.

The statistics are that PC's have the market at the moment with approximately 97% of the market and Mac 3% - based on current year market share figures.

Unfortunately most people who have used a computer would have used a Windows based PC since that is the most common platform. I believe that that once you know how to use the Mac operating system you would be reluctant to use Windows again. Mac OS X - the current Mac operating system is very user friendly, stable – no more “blue screen of death”, has true plug and plug any devices and networking – no configuration and no hassle, and best of all get all the coolest programs and program suites like iLife, iTunes and iWork.

For me Mac is my computer of choice!

Visit the Australian Apple Web Site at: Apple Web Site

Or watch the Apple Mac ad's: Click here to view Apple Mac ad's

P.S Just so you know I have a 3 year old Mac iBook G4, a 40G iPod, an iShuffle and god knows what else from Mac … the initial outlay is higher but I find that the quality and usability far outweighs the extra expense at that start and not be mention the frustration I find using Windows.

3 comments:

Webgurl said...

Hey there Space Cadet!

I just got my first Mac - took it home yesterday. Well actually the day before but all I got was beeping when I turned it on. The extra RAM they installed apparently got unseated in travel.

Anyhoo, I've been having fun with it.

Don't have to decide b/t Vista and XP and it will be great for the graphics work.

Lovin' your blog here. Was really torn between voting for SG1 & SGA. Are you going to Armageddon on the weekend? Joe Flanigan & Connor Trinnear are appearing.

Cheers, webgurl

Space Cadet said...

Thanks for my very first comment on my blog webgurl!

Glad you getting to know Mac too, we have to spread the good word (MAC)!

As for Armageddon I totaly forgot about it! Pitty ... I'm sure there will be a next time.

TTFN, SpaceCadetBeta.

Webgurl said...

Man you missed a great day on Sunday Kylie!

Cheers, webgurl

LibraryThing Library