Thursday, October 11, 2007

#8 RSS Feeds

Visit Bloglines at: http://www.bloglines.com/
Check out my subscriptions: RSS Feed Subscriptions.

OK, so I've had a look around bloglines.com, pretty cool if you ask me. The website makes it much easier to keep track of all the feeds - both RSS and blogs that I like to keep up to date with.

The only functionality that was missing from the site was a decent search facility. Once you searched for a topic, such as "library Australia", found and subscribed to a feed, you had to re-submit your search again as the search history had be lost. It's not a big problem but it can get annoying when you want to search for multiple feeds from the search criteria.

Searching through the directory was not bad either, it could show you a list of feeds in several differing ways - the "Most Popular Feeds", "User Directory", "Feed Directory" and a "Quick Pick Subscription".

I generally find that the feeds that I most commonly subscribe to have a "subscribe to" link on the websites that I view. Bloglines.com is OK to search for the feeds that you can't find the feed URL for but I mainly use it to keep a collection of and to view those particular feeds.

No comments:

LibraryThing Library